Get the Best Laminate Flooring in Pickering, ON
Trends come and go, but some trends are here to stay. Laminate flooring Pickering is one of them! For laminate floor sale Pickering, East Can Floor is your safest bet. We sell laminate flooring in various textures, patterns, colors, and prints. This type of flooring contain multiple layers. The top layer is a fibreboard with the image of the wood, tile, or stone printed on the top. It is often confused with engineered hardwood flooring, which you can install almost anywhere as it is an affordable, burn, scratch, heat & moisture-resistant.
Laminate Floor Material
● Layer A – Wear and overlay layer: The overlay layer comes with lustrous finishes or touches. It seals and protects the laminate flooring from everyday scuff, furniture marks, scratches caused by toys, kids, and pets. It also acts as a preventive layer for UV rays.
● Layer B – Decorative paper: The decorative paper layer gives the laminate flooring its distinctive appearance. It ranges from wooden, marble, stone, multitudes of color and textures.
● Layer C – HDF core or board: Both high-density fibreboard and medium-density fibreboard are made from softwood fiber that is broken down mixed with wax and resin binder and put together into panels by heat and pressure. HDF has greater stability and strength than MDF.
● Layer D – Backer paper: At the base of every laminate flooring plank there is a bottom balancing layer to keep the board straight so that the dimensional stability is not compromised in any way. Some planks have foam padded eliminating the need for underlayment.
Laminate Flooring Types
→ Based on installation types: Under this category, 3 types are available. Glue-less laminate flooring installation Pickering requires the right method to affix them to the floor. Glued laminate flooring, pre-glued flooring, underlayment attached are other variants.
→ Based on the material it imitates: In this category, wooden-like, plastic-like, stone-like, tile-like variations are available. All of these are available in various textures, colors, shapes, etc.
→ Based on texture: Smooth laminate flooring resembles ceramic and marble. The embossed laminate flooring is the most unrealistic version of wood grains while embossed in registers are realistic versions of the printed grains. Hand-scraped laminates give an antique finish to homes.
→ D based on floor construction: Three types of lamination flooring are available in this category. High-pressure laminate is an expensive variant with multiple layers are fused with other materials and then glued to a plank. Direct pressure laminate assembles four layers and then uses heat and pressure to make the bond. High-gloss and low-gloss laminate floorings also fall under this category.
→ Based on patterns: in this category, we have from thin strips to parquetry decorations. From traditional floorboard planks, thin strips of flooring, wide plank floorboards, to herringbone, and chevron patterns, you are spoiled for choices here.
→ Based on AC rating: The AC rating stands for laminate’s resistance to wear and tear. The higher the rating the higher the resistance. This category has five variants:
– AC1 moderate residential: It is suitable for closets and bedrooms.
– AC2 general residential: It is perfect for heavy foot traffic areas like living and dining rooms.
– AC3 heavy residential: It is installed in light commercial foot traffic spaces like offices.
– AC4 general commercial: It can be used for both residential and commercial spaces.
– AC5 heavy commercial: It is installed in heavy foot traffic commercial areas.
Benefits of Laminated Wood Flooring
● Durability: Laminate flooring is extremely durable, waterproof, scratch-proof, UV resistant, low maintenance and does not discolor easily; making this more durable than hardwood flooring.
● Affordability and easy installation: Laminate flooring Pickering is one of the most inexpensive flooring options in Canada right now with prices ranging between $0.70- $2.00 per square foot. They can be installed easily over a DIY project.
● Relatively eco-friendly: Brands these days are coming out with eco-friendly laminate floor tiles with the core layer made out of recycled materials. Brands are also providing environment certification like GreenGuard.
Laminate Flooring Installation
Laminate flooring is installed as a floating floor as the planks are interlocked and laid across the sub-floor without the help of adhesive, staples, or nails. One can easily DIY the laminate flooring installation project in a single day depending upon the size of the room. Be sure to follow the instructions provided by the manufacturer to avoid damaging the planks. You can also take the help of our laminate flooring Pickering professionals for the best work.
Top brands to choose from
● Pergo: This company is one of the biggest manufacturers of plastic lamination flooring and is now owned by Mohawk. It costs between $2-$3 per square foot.
● Bruce: It is owned by Armstrong, available in all big-box home improvement centers. It ranges between $3-$4 per square foot.
● Shaw: This is a subsidiary of Warren Buffet’s Berkshire Hathaway, which manufactures a wide range of products from cost-effective laminate flooring starting from $2 per square foot to high-end laminate flooring ranging from $10 per square foot. These are especially available in flooring stores like us or online suppliers who sell products at discount rates.
● Quick-step: This company sells only laminate flooring for under $3 per square foot.